Wednesday, June 21, 2006

All posts were moved (11/2006) to http://mexfiles.wordpress.com

The curious case of the gringo immigrant, part 2...

I achieved 15 seconds of fame with my (and David Bodewell's) post questioning the validity of the supposed internet letter by the supposed SBC executive who couldn't get a work visa in Mexico (The Myth of the Gringo Immigrant) . This post received a lot of hits -- only topped by one on "Nacho Libre" and the recent one on Pancho Villa's death mask (though, weirdly, one on Biblioteca Jose Vasconcellos got hits from places I normally don't have viewers -- Newfoundland, Portugal, the Czech Republic and India. Go figure)/ But our questioning the validity of the "Gringo Immigrant" post is my proudest moment in one way -- it's the only post I've ever had that's quoted (negatively, I'm happy to say) by the John Birch Society! Whoo-hoo! "Thanks" to the Birchers, I found what appears to be the "original source" -- a gay MySpace.com blog in Houston -- "Waking Up the Sheeple" claims Brad "Received the following (the original e-mail) from Tom O'Malley who was a Director with SW BELL in Mexico City." I'm not about to sign up for "MySpace.com" just out of morbid curiousity, and I don't think "Brad" is my cup of tea... who Tom O'Malley is, and whether he's really an executive of SBC (in or out of Mexico), and whether or not his trials and tribulations were real, or self-inflicted, I still don't know. By the way, here's the address and phone number for SBC in Mexico City, for anyone even nosier than I am: South Western Bell Parque Via No. 190 Col. Cuauhtemoc, C.P. 06500 DISTRITO FEDERAL Tel.(55)5254-2149

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home