Tuesday, June 27, 2006

All posts were moved (11/2006) to http://mexfiles.wordpress.com

"The Virgin herself drove him out of my house" Now that's Mexican!

Beverly Donofrio, an American screen writer and novelist living in San Miguel de Allende, fended off a would-by rapist by Hail Mary-ing the guy. Donofrio said that after asking the attacker to leave several times, she started praying Hail Marys aloud in Spanish. "The prayers, or more likely the Virgin herself, drove him out of my house," she said. "I knew from the reports of the other women - who did not cower in shame after they had been violated but came out and let the word be spread - that the rapist likes to talk and stays for four to five hours, raping repeatedly," she said. "And so, from the sharing of this information, I knew not to allow him to converse with me. I prayed instead." When her assailant asked why she was praying, Donofrio told him, "I´m praying for you." The attacker then left."The prayers, or more likely the Virgin herself, drove him out of my house" (Bob Kelly, Universal)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home